Airglades International Airport is a proposed airport development project located on the site of the existing county-owned Airglades Airport, in Clewiston, Florida. It is proposed that the site be developed into an integrated freight logistics hub to capitalise on the trade in cut flowers, fish and other perishables flowing between the US and Central and South America. Currently, this is all channelled through Miami International Airport. The project is jointly owned by three parties: Florida Fresh Produce (49%) (aka Florida Cargo Fresh); while the remaining 51% is split between US Sugar Corporation and Hilliard Brothers, a diversified agricultural operation. The airport is planned to feature a 4000m runway, reportedly costing USD400 million.
Courtesy of: Century 21 Tenace Realty All listings featuring the BMLS logo are provided by BeachesMLS Inc. This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed. Copyright 2021 Beaches Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Updated: 21st September, 2021 7:40 AM